Celebrities Mourn Prince After Shocking News Of His Death
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Celebrities took to social media in the moments immediately following the news of iconic musician Prince's death to express an outpouring of grief and shock.
The 57-year-old died at his Paisley Park compound in Minnesota on Thursday, TMZ reported. The cause of death has yet to be released at this time, however, the performer was treated in hospital for the flu last week after his plane made an emergency landing in Illinois.
Prince was an award-winning musician, trailblazer and beloved member of the creative community.
Here's how his friends, collaborators and fellow stars reacted to the news of his death:
R.I.P to the greatest "The Legend" "Prince" pic.twitter.com/a4Ui2zwkoj— MarQuis Trill (@6BillionPeople) April 21, 2016
Legendary Prince is dead!! How tragic! #soundtrackofmylife— Vanessa Williams (@VWOfficial) April 21, 2016
Oh my god I can't believe that Prince has died...he was a great great talent...RIP— Billy Idol (@BillyIdol) April 21, 2016
Omg..... RIP Prince.... 😨😔😢— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) April 21, 2016
I can't. I just can not. #Prince— shonda rhimes (@shondarhimes) April 21, 2016
Damn. Some real genius gone now. RIP PRINCE— marc maron (@marcmaron) April 21, 2016
THIS CAN NOT BE POSSIBLE!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO— Andy Cohen (@Andy) April 21, 2016
RIP Prince, everybody go watch Purple Rain— Daniel Platzman (@DanielPlatzman) April 21, 2016
My heart is broken. #RIPPrince— Margaret Cho (@margaretcho) April 21, 2016
WHAT!!???? PRINCE!!!????? IS THIS A DREAM!????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We just lost a true artistic PIONEER. Heart broken— Chris Daughtry (@CHRIS_Daughtry) April 21, 2016
"Dearly beloved— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) April 21, 2016
We are gathered here today
2 get through this thing called Life..."
-Prince
So Prince and Chyna die in the same day NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! My heart is hurting :( R.I.P— Jay Pharoah (@JayPharoah) April 21, 2016
I Miss My Brother. Prince Was A Funny Cat. Great Sense Of Humor. https://t.co/67umQghtbi— Spike Lee (@SpikeLee) April 21, 2016
When Eric Clapton was asked how it felt to be the world's best guitarist he replied: "I don't know. Ask Prince". #RIP— Michelle Branch (@michellebranch) April 21, 2016
RIP Prince 🌹 pic.twitter.com/yEW8YEVmMf— Marc Jacobs (@marcjacobs) April 21, 2016
Unbelievable just heard about PRINCE. Strength and light to his family/loved ones. One of my favs and a true pioneering artist. RIP brotha.— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) April 21, 2016
Numb. Stunned. This can't be real.— Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake) April 21, 2016
We lost one of the greatest Artists who ever lived. Prince's music was the soundtrack to my life. RIP, Royal genius. Nothing compared 2 U...— KevinSmith (@ThatKevinSmith) April 21, 2016
R. I. P to the King Prince thank u for inspiring me to be a Musician First and using this tool to heal people— Wyclef Jean (@wyclef) April 21, 2016
I'm shocked to hear that Prince passed at such a young age. Musically, he could do it all: sing, play, arrange and produce. Love & Mercy— Brian Wilson (@BrianWilsonLive) April 21, 2016
This is what it sounds like when doves cry.. Prince R.I.P.— Whoopi Goldberg (@WhoopiGoldberg) April 21, 2016
Condolences to his family & 2 us all
Im in shock #Prince— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) April 21, 2016
PRINCE, sad to say, has passed on!!! He was a Giant. My deep condolences go out to his family, friends and fans.— Gene Simmons (@genesimmons) April 21, 2016
I loved this Man. Too soon. Can't comprehend it but it's unfortunately true. Heaven is yours. RIP #Prince #RIPPrince pic.twitter.com/EH8paEvn75— MC HAMMER (@MCHammer) April 21, 2016
— tori amos (@toriamos) April 21, 2016
Prince?!?!— kerry washington (@kerrywashington) April 21, 2016
R.I.P PRINCE, another icon gone to soon— SHAQ (@SHAQ) April 21, 2016
We've just lost an incredible talent! So sorry to hear about #Prince we will always love your music forever and ever! #RIPPrince— La Toya Jackson (@latoyajackson) April 21, 2016
Only now do we know what it sounds like When Doves Cry — the absence of music from loss of The Artist. RIP Prince (1958-2016)— Neil deGrasse Tyson (@neiltyson) April 21, 2016
I'm Crushed!! UK news reporting Prince Is Dead?! For Real?! Massive Loss for us all! What a Genius! Speechless.— Samuel L. Jackson (@SamuelLJackson) April 21, 2016
Im sooooo very sad right now... PRINCE can't die.— ICE T (@FINALLEVEL) April 21, 2016
Rest in peace, Prince. pic.twitter.com/8zHLchjmxL— Wendy Williams (@WendyWilliams) April 21, 2016
Shocked & heartbroken to hear news of death of dear friend, #Prince.Pray for his family&thank God for his legacy. pic.twitter.com/M5qCx9iXkj— Rev Jesse Jackson Sr (@RevJJackson) April 21, 2016
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment